MAIN Home Life Holidays Father's Day Father's Day Recipes
Easy Father's Day Breakfasts - Hawaiian Style!
Planning the perfect Father's Day starts with a special breakfast in bed or with the family gathered around the breakfast table.
The ongoing question faced by families trying to plan the perfect Father's Day is how to show Dad you care with a breakfast that matches the special day.
Fortunately, a homemade and heartfelt breakfast of French toast offers a simple solution that pleases parents of all ages.
French toast history & traditions
How? Why? Three centuries of history paired with a bit of creative decoration and a few fresh recipe ideas provide the answers.
The dish known in America as French toast was was popularized by French immigrants, and has since established itself as a breakfast staple for families across the nation. Countless variations and recipes have evolved, providing families with a universal meal that unites, delights and satisfies.
As a tribute to its favorable place on family breakfast tables, King's Hawaiian has developed a batch of French toast tips and recipes that pair island-style flavor and flair to impress Dad. Each requiring six core ingredients, the company's Original French Toast, Bananas Foster French Toast and Strawberry French Toast recipes are easy to prepare (with limited help from grown-ups) and quick to create a "breakfast escape" for lucky parents.
The following recipes are flavorful, easy to prepare and guaranteed to bring the family around the breakfast table:
* King's Hawaiian Original Recipe French Toast
* King's Hawaiian Bananas Foster French Toast
To help provide the perfect setting, following are some tips developed by King's Hawaiian to create an island-style experience to complement a breakfast favorite:
* Savor the syrup - Consider some alternative toppings to regular syrups. For example, a mixture of one-part orange marmalade and two-parts maple syrup creates a subtle citrus accent for your French toast creations.
* Toppings for taste buds -Incorporate some tropical side dishes such as coconuts, macadamia nuts and pineapples on tables as decorations or in bowls as snacks for guests.
* Give it some juice! - Serve luscious tropical beverages such as guava juice, pineapple juice or passion fruit juice, or make a homemade tropical punch with pieces of sliced fresh mango, guava and pineapple.
* Create paradise - Decorate tables, chairs and serving areas with a cascade of fragrant exotic flowers including birds of paradise, red ginger, hibiscus and orchids, or use the leaves to create a vibrant display for guests or family members. Added tip: loose orchids are perfect for placing on top of the French toast, around place settings on tables, on the ground as a walkway, or floating in beverages.