Christmas in Michigan
of the major Christmas
tree farm states in the country - only North Carolina and Oregon
produce more - Michigan is a natural wonderland of winter outdoor enjoyment.
And when it
comes to traditional holiday hoopla, count on Michigan to
provide plenty of parades, caroling and sing-a-longs as well, with spectacular
light shows and other Christmas extravaganzas throughout the season,
starting with old fashioned family fun in the Motor City ...
DID YOU KNOW? Michigan Christmas fun facts
Made in Michigan.
• Author Chris Van Allsburg, who wrote the children's book, The Polar Express, is from Grand Rapids where the world premiere of the animated movie, starring Tom Hanks, took place in 2004
• BONUS FUN FACT: The real-life inspiration for The Polar Express is the Pere Marquette Railroad's 1225 steam engine which now rolls out from the Steam Railroading Museum in Owosso every holiday season offering passengers special treats and "hot, hot, hot, hot chocolate."
• Michigan is one of the most Christmas-y states in the union, with a list of towns seemingly full of holiday cheer including Christmas, St. Nicholas, Snow, Antlers, Holly, Spruce, Star, and Shepherd.
• And where else would the world's largest Christmas store be located? In Michigan, of course. Bronner’s Christmas Wonderland in Frankenmuth, MI is open year round.
More information about Christmas in Michigan around the Web:
Family Christmas Events and Activities
- Check out this insider guide to the city's many holiday attractions with
focus on family fun.
- Detroit rolls out the red carpet for holiday
revelers including ice sculpting, music, horse-drawn carriages,
luminaries and more.
County Lightfest - The Midwest's largest, with more than
4 miles of drive-thru animated displays brightly lit for the holidays
along Hines Drive.
Holiday Nights in Greenfield Village - In Dearborn with holiday attractions spread over several acres including live music performances, bonfires, food and fun.
Pointe Village Christmas - There's a pre-parade festival
followed by the annual array of floats, marching bands and a visit
by Santa, featuring the
compete parade route and related info.
in Chesaning - This year's schedule with details on the
Candlelight Walk and a visit with Santa.
at Crossroads Holiday Magic - History comes alive in Flint as
costumed villagers prepare for the holidays, as visitors are offered
a ride on the Huckleberry Railroad featuring a moving show of
Tree Farms in Michigan - Full listings with contact info
and directions to Christmas tree farms throughout the state offering
precut or choose-and-cut trees, along with related holiday sleigh
rides and refreshments.
also see in Travel -> Michigan
Fall Foliage | Michigan