it's Christmas time in Texas
It's a very special time for me
In Texas we'll be swingin' 'round the Christmas tree
Dancin' to a Christmas melody ... When
It's Christmas Time in Texas
season in the Lone Star State? It's a great time for everyone to kick back and enjoy a very cool
Yule ... Texas-style. Below, check out fun facts and take
the virtual tour of what's happening around Texas this time of year in Houston, Austin, Dallas and San Antonio ...
DID YOU KNOW? Texas Christmas fun facts
Top Ten: San Antonio River Walk.
• Thousands of twinkling lights illumine San Antonio's River Walk for the holidays with a spectacular parade of floats, celebrities
and other entertainment kicking off the holiday season. Check out the photo (right) to see why San Antonio is usually rated the Top Ten Places in Texas to visit for Christmas.
• They don't call Grapevine, TX the Christmas Capital of Texas for just any old reason. More than 1,400 events take place from mid-November to early January including Christmas movies at the Historic Palace Theatre, holiday wine train tours, a North Pole express for the kiddies, and the ICE! show at Gaylord Texan Resort which uses 2,000,000 pounds of ice to create huge holiday ice sculptures.
• For one of the biggest holiday light shows in the nation, check out The Wonderland of Lights extravaganza in Marshall, TX. It features 10 MILLION lights that bathe the town in Christmas cheer throughout the season -- along with a light parade, an outdoor ice skating rink, and an old fashioned Christmas market.
• For a trip back in time, head to the oldest town in Texas for the Nine Flags Christmas Festival in Nacogdoches, TX (founded in 1779) that includes an antique toy and ornament exhibit, a Victorian Christmas celebration, a holiday parade, and visits with Santa.
More information about Christmas in Texas around the Web:
for the Holidays in Old Town Spring
- A major Houston area attraction including the official tree
lighting, holiday entertainment, photos with Santa, ice skating
and a festive train ride at Thyme Square.
Gardens Holiday Season - Galveston Island celebrates
with thousands of twinkling holiday lights, a giant Christmas
tree, a visit to Santa's workshop, nativity scene and gingerbread
house, with live music and other festivities through December.
Christmas Festival - One of the nation's biggest Christmas
pageants features spectacular onstage performances and a gala
holiday buffet at the Prestonwood Baptist Church in Plano, with the complete schedule and online ticket purchase.
at the Dallas Arboretum - Find your way around a Christmas
tree maze with special events featuring horse-drawn carriage rides,
choraling, and visits with Frosty the Snowman, Rudolf the Red-Nosed
Reindeer and, of course, Santa.
Lights - This is an awesome 2-mile drive through 4 million lights
at Lynn Creek Park in Grand Prairie, featuring a 10 minute Holiday
Magic light show choreographed to music. Catch it Thanksgiving
to New Year's Eve.
Christmas Bazaar - Here's the downtown Austin holiday tradition
offering festive entertainment and shopping for unique local arts
More about Christmas in Texas:
We Believe in Christmas
- Jeff and Rhonda show you how they decorate their San Antonio area house with a gallery of photos, hours, dates, maps and directions.