Have a jogger or a runner-obsessed friend on your gift list?
Seems everybody knows somebody who jogs. With famous runs ranging from the New York Marathon to the London Marathon, running and jogging is a worldwide craze that shows no signs of slowing down.
Although gifts such as fanny packs or water bottles immediately spring to mind, what else would a runner appreciate as a thoughtful birthday or holiday gift?
Like any good gift hunt, knowing what they might like or need - along with your
budget - should be bottom-line considerations. Then again, there are so many gift ideas to choose from in a variety of price ranges
that it becomes a cinch to purchase the perfect gift for your favorite runner or jogger.
Some ideas include:
• Beside the brand new water bottle, how about a water bottle holder
to go with it? These usually strap around the waist and together with space for a water bottle they alsoo usually feature other convenient
places to keep a cell phone, keys or spare change.
• For early morning or night jogging, runners usually wear light colors so
they can be clearly seen by motorists. However, for extra safety, consider getting them a reflective arm band or a vest (some
even come with electronic flashers) to help them keep extra safe during early morning or late night runs.
• From warm running socks -- to cool summer shades -- runners always appreciate help with battling the elements outdoors. Thoughtful summer weather gifts might include sunblock, a pair of sunglasses with UV protection, or a visored cap.
• Colder weather calls for warm socks, scarves, gloves, and a woolen cap. Depending on how cold it gets, a nice pair of thermal underwear also wouldn't go unappreciated!
• Serious joggers and marathon runners are constantly striving to improve their performance. Help them monitor their progress with a sports
watch. Some models not only tell the time, but include a timer, stopwatch, a pedometer, a compass and some even feature a heart
• Still unsure of what to get? Think about a gift card to their favorite sporting goods store. If that's too impersonal, how about creating
your own jogger gift basket? Simply purchase a small duffel bag and fill it with small items such as a running magazine,
cushioned sweatbands, cotton socks, a baseball cap, fanny pack, granola bars and energy drinks. Wrap
it up in ribbon and big bow and you have a gift that any runner or jogger will appreciate.
More tips & advice about gifts for joggers around the Web: