MAIN Holidays Halloween Kids Halloween Costumes
Add color to your kids Halloween
with this easy to make costume.
Crayola Crayon Costume
Have fun creating this bright, colorful Halloween costume that‟s always a
popular favorite with kids – and easily created from an old pillowcase, black
paint or markers, adhesive tape, and construction paper.
What You‟ll Need:
• Orange pillowcase
• Black marker
• Black fabric paint and paintbrush
• Heavyweight orange construction paper (or orange felt, optional)
• Clear adhesive tape
• Black shirt and pants
1. Size the pillow case to your child to find out where to cut the arm and
neck holes, and cut using scissors.
2. Use a Crayola crayon as your guide (you can also do a web search for
images) to draw the wrapper design in pencil on the front of the pillow.
3. Place a piece of cardboard inside the pillowcase to prevent bleeding, and
retrace the pencil marks in black marker, then fill in with black fabric paint.
4. To make the "crayon point‟ hat, roll orange construction paper into a cone
and tape it closed. (If you‟re handy with a needle and thread, you can also
sew together a length of orange heavy felt to create the hat.)