A rich, elegant appetizer sure to steal
anyone's heart on Valentine's Day…
1 cup diced cucumber
1 cup diced yellow pepper
1 cup diced green pepper
1 cup diced red pepper (optional)
1 cup diced tomato
2 cups lobster meat
2 cups mayonnaise
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
Dash of Tabasco sauce
Salt to taste
1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Mix mayonnaise with Dijon mustard, a dash
of Tabasco, lemon juice with salt to taste.
2. Blend well and toss with vegetables and
3. Alternate: Toss vegetables and the lobster
meat individually and layer each item in a
martini glass to form a layered salad.
Broiled Lobster Tails
2 whole lobster tails
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
salt to taste
ground white pepper
1 lemon - cut into wedges
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Place lobster tails on baking sheet, and with
a sharp knife carefully cut top side of lobster
shells lengthwise. Pull apart shells slightly, and
season lobster meat with butter, paprika, salt,
and white pepper.
3. Broil lobster tails 5 to 10 minutes, or until
butter is melted and lightly browned, and
lobster meat is opaque. Garnish with lemon
Heart shaped pizza- use packaged pizza or bread dough to make this easy romantic dinner for Valentine's Day....
1 loaf frozen bread or pizza dough, thawed
1 cup tomato sauce
8 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Roll out dough into a circle a 1/2 inch thick and cut into
a heart shape.
3. Grease a cookie sheet, and sprinkle with cornmeal (to give
the crust extra crunch) add pizza dough, and bake in oven
for 10 minutes.
4. Cover pizza dough with sauce leaving a 1-inch border around
the sides. Top with mozzarella.
5. Bake for another 10-15 minutes until pizza is lightly brown
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 pound milk chocolate, broken into small
3 teaspoons Kirsch
Assorted fruit or cake for dipping
1. Heat cream in fondue pot over low flame.
2. Slowly add chocolate pieces, stirring
constantly until all chocolate is melted.
3. Stir in Kirsch. Place fondue on portable heat
source and serve with fondue forks.
For dipping, serve with cubes of angel food
cake, lady fingers, or with orange or tangerine
slices, strawberries or sliced bananas.
"You're My Honey" Cookies
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup of honey
1 egg yolk
Sugar for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a saucepan, melt butter with the honey
and stir until smooth.
3. Remove from heat and beat in the sugar
and egg yolk.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine flour and
5. Make well in center of dry ingredients and
add butter and honey mixture. Stir until
6. Take small pieces of dough and roll into
7. Roll dough balls in sugar until well coated.
8. Place on ungreased cookie sheets and
bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Valentine's Day Recipes - Here's the mother lode from All Recipes with visitor-submitted favorites and top staff picks.
Chocolate Recipes for Valentine's Day - We're talkin' chocolate...at this big, sweet archive of recipes including chocolate eclairs, chocolate-dipped strawberries, truffles, cookies, rich and velvety chocolate cakes, cheesecakes, fudge bars and more.
Romantic Recipes - This collection of recipes for romance courtesy Lonnie Lynch, chef and author of The Art of Romance Cooking, should inspire even the most kitchen-phobic Valentine to serve up some romantic cuisine...