Top 20 Black History Month Quotations
1. I am America. I am the part you won't recognize. But get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me.
2. Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave, I am the dream and the hope of the slave. I rise I rise I rise.
3. Racism is not an excuse to not do the best you can.
4. Just like you can buy grades of silk, you can buy grades of justice.
5.You have to believe in yourself when no one else does -- that makes you a winner right there.
6. There is no negro problem. The problem is whether the American people have loyalty enough, honor enough, patriotism enough, to live
up to their own constitution...
7. You can be up to your boobies in white satin, with gardenias in your hair and no sugar cane for miles, but you can still be working on a plantation.
8. Greatness occurs when your children love you, when your critics respect you and when you have peace of mind.
9. Do not call for black power or green power. Call for brain power.
10. Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better.
11. The battles that count aren't the ones for gold medals. The struggles within yourself—the invisible, inevitable battles inside all of us—that's where it's at.
12.I have learned over the years that when one's mind is made up, this diminishes fear.
13. Have a vision. Be demanding.
14. Be black, shine, aim high. -- Leontyne Price
15. Sticks in a bundle are unbreakable. -- Kenyan Proverb
16. Freedom is never given; it is won.
Black people have always been America's wilderness in search
of a promised land.
19. Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one
has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.
20. Yes we can.