Now in its 16th season, The Biggest Loser is the show that changes lives and inspires a nation.
A whole new edition of Biggest Loser -- with the spotlight on "Glory Days" -- premiered on Thursday night, September 11, 2014 at 8PM ET on NBC.
Joining The Biggest Loser were 20 new contestants who are all former athletes. All are courageously determined to risk an uphill battle for a chance at a dramatic makeover and to regain their healthier lifestyle.
This year, the cast included a former NFL player, a former WNBA player, and an Olympic medalist, -- joined by more than a dozen other contestants working their butts off for a shot at the $250,000 grand prize and the title of "Biggest Loser".
As usual, host Alison Sweeny and trainers Dolvett Quince were on hand, joined by two new trainers Jessie Pavelka and Jennifer Widerstrom.
This year's biggest loser? It was former high school soccer player, Toma Dobrosavljevic, who lost an incredible 141 lbs. to take the title. Congrats!
Biggest Loser Season 16 "Glory Days" cast:
• Jordan Alicandro, 32, former high school athlete
• Rondalee Beardslee, 28, former high school athlete
• Blake Benge, 18, the youngest contestant this season
• Howard "Woody" Carter, 46, former semi-pro football player
• Toma Dobrosavljevic, 33, former high school soccer player
• Zina Garrison, 50, retired tennis player who medaled at the 1988 Olympics.
• Rob Guiry, 26, former school athele and at 483 lbs., the biggest contestant this season.
• Gina Haddon, 41, former cheerleader
• Vanessa Johnson, 32, former WNBA player
• Sonya Jones, 39, former semi-professional softball player
• Chandra Maple, 26, high school girls basketball coach
• Matthew Miller, 31, former high school athlete
• Scott Mitchell, 46, former NFL quarterback
• Emmy Lou Munoz, 32, former high school athlete
• Mike Murburg, 58, the oldest contestant this season
• John "JJ" O'Malley, 22, former Arizona State University football player
• Jackie Pierson, 36, former high school athlete
All About the Biggest Loser
reality competition series where everybody loses, "The Biggest Loser"
offers severely overweight participants the opportunity to undergo
a radical physical makeover without any kind of surgery.
Last season's Biggest Loser winner, Toma Dobrosavljevic, seen in before-and-after photo.
The series challenges and encourages overweight contestants to shed pounds
in a safe and recommended manner through comprehensive diet and exercise as they compete for a grand prize of $250,000.
and life-altering reality series gathers contestants from across
the country to face real-life temptations, while being provided
with approved weight-loss skills and resources in an effort to
help them transform their bodies, health -- and ultimately --
Around the half-way point, watch for the Biggest Loser makeover week -- when dramatic before-and-after photos illustrate just how far contestants have come.
has become a worldwide hit airing in over 75 territories with
25 local productions. It has also produced two New York Times
best-selling books and a burgeoning online lifestyle club www.biggestloserclub.com
that allows those at home to learn all they need to live a healthier
Around the Web, keep up to date with the latest news, Biggest Loser spoilers, rumors and recaps, with related tips and advice on weight loss from top experts as another new season of Biggest Loser gets underway ...
The Biggest Loser - The official site on NBC.com with video, pictures,
team standings, episode updates, cast bios, where are they now
for last season's cast, game play rules, weight loss information,
games, tools, calculators, diet center and inspiration for those
of us tackling those few, or not so few, pesky pounds.