Recognizing the most popular Latin music on the charts, the Billboard Latin
Music Awards features top solo performers & Latin groups vying
for top honors in such categories as pop, rock, tropical, Mexican
regional music, and Reggaeton.
This year, the 21st editon of the Billboard Latin Music Award will be televised on Thursday, April 25, 2019 live from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas beginning at 8PM ET on its traditional TV home, Telemundo.
Puerto Rican singer Ozuna makes
Latin Billboard history in 2019
with 23 nods
in 15 categories.
2019 nominees (see below) were announced in February, with the lion's share of Billboard Latin nods going to Ozuna with 23 nods in 15 categories -- a record number in the history of the awards.
Ozuna is followed J Balvin and Nicky Jam, with 13 each, Bad Bunny with 12, and Daddy Yankee with eight nominations.
Already announced is this year's winner of the Lifetime Achievement Award which will be bestowed upon Dominican singer and songwriter Juan Luis Guerra.
Hosting this year's award show will be telenovela star, Gaby Espino!
Performing on awards night will be Marc Anthony, Romeo Santos, Anuel AA, Becky G, Wisin, Reik, Annita, Sebastian Yatra, Bad Bunny, Banda MS, Carlos Vives, CNCO, Karol G, and Ozuna. Joining them will be J Balvin, Rosalía, Nicky Jam, Sean Paul, Adriel Favela, Kany Garcia, Raulin Rodriguez.
Presenters for the 2019 Billboard Latin Music Awards will include Ana Jurka, Dr. Ana Maria Polo, Chocquibtown, Elyfer Torres, Erick Elias, Eryk Hayser, Eugenio Derbez, Gente de Zona, Isabela Moner, J.R. Ramirez, Jacky Bracamontes, Jorge Salinas, Kate Del Castillo, Lupillo Rivera, Majorie de Sousa, Mark Tacher, Natti Natasha, Regulo Caro, Sofia Reyes, Raymix, Ulices Chaidez, and Leila Cobo.
Meanwhile, keep it here for more updates together with the final announcement of winners at the 2019 Billboard Latin Music Awards.
Just up ahead, check out the list of major 2019 nominees, plus award fun facts and top sites with more information on Latin music's biggest night ....
DID YOU KNOW? Billboard Latin Music Awards trivia & fun facts
• The Billboard Latin Music Awards began in 1994 honoring the most popular albums, songs, and performers in Latin music.
• Growing out of the Billboard Music Awards, today the awards are the longest running and the most prestigious in the Latin music industry.
• In 1999, the ceremony was first broadcast on the television network Telemundo, where it became the network's highest-rated music special.
• Nominees are selected mainly from among top music performers in the United States, Latin America, and Spain. However artists from other countries are eligible, as well - as long they perform outstanding Latin music.
• Big winners at the Billboard Latin Music Awards include Enrique Iglesias who has taken home 43 awards, followed by Shakira with 34.
the Billboard Latin Music Awards around the Web: