UPDATE: 2020 BILLBOARD LATIN MUSIC AWARDS POSTPONED
To prevent and contain the coronavirus panademic, organizers of the 2020 Billboard Latin Music Awards have announced that the show will be postponed until a later date.
Meanwhile, keep it here for more updates as they are announced including a list of big winners on awards night!
Recognizing the most popular Latin music on the charts, the Billboard Latin
Music Awards features top solo performers & Latin groups vying
for top honors in such categories as pop, rock, tropical, Mexican
regional music, and Reggaeton.
This year, watch for the 22nd editon of the Billboard Latin Music Award to be televised on Thursday, April 23, 2020 on its traditional TV home, Telemundo, live from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.
The complete list of 2020 Billboard Latin Music Awards nominees were announced in February, with Puerto Rican superstars Bad Bunny and Ozuna leading the pack with 14 nominations each, including Artist of the Year joining J Balvin and Romeo Santos in the category.
Watch for further updates on who will host, a list of star performances, along with who wins big when the 2020 Billboard Latin Music Awards airs at a future date.
2019 Billboard Latin Music Awards rewind
Puerto Rican singer Ozuna made
Latin Billboard history in 2019
with 23 nods
in 15 categories.
2019 nominees were announced in February, with the lion's share of Billboard Latin nods going to Ozuna with 23 nominations in 15 categories -- a record number in the history of the awards.
Ozuna was followed J Balvin and Nicky Jam, with 13 each, Bad Bunny with 12, and Daddy Yankee with eight nominations.
Announced earlier in the year was winner of the Lifetime Achievement Award which was bestowed upon Dominican singer and songwriter Juan Luis Guerra.
Hosting this year's award show was telenovela star, Gaby Espino.
A special performance by Marc Antony kicked off the festivities, followed by performances throughout the night by Romeo Santos, Anuel AA, Becky G, Wisin, Reik, Annita, Sebastian Yatra, Bad Bunny, Banda MS, Carlos Vives, CNCO, Karol G, and Ozuna. Joining them was J Balvin, Rosalía, Nicky Jam, Sean Paul, Adriel Favela, Kany Garcia, and Raulin Rodriguez.
Presenters for the 2019 Billboard Latin Music Awards included Ana Jurka, Dr. Ana Maria Polo, Chocquibtown, Elyfer Torres, Erick Elias, Eryk Hayser, Eugenio Derbez, Gente de Zona, Isabela Moner, J.R. Ramirez, Jacky Bracamontes, Jorge Salinas, Kate Del Castillo, Lupillo Rivera, Majorie de Sousa, Mark Tacher, Natti Natasha, Regulo Caro, Sofia Reyes, Raymix, Ulices Chaidez, and Leila Cobo.
DID YOU KNOW? Billboard Latin Music Awards trivia & fun facts
• The Billboard Latin Music Awards began in 1994 honoring the most popular albums, songs, and performers in Latin music.
• Growing out of the Billboard Music Awards, today the awards are the longest running and the most prestigious in the Latin music industry.
• In 1999, the ceremony was first broadcast on the television network Telemundo, where it became the network's highest-rated music special.
• Nominees are selected mainly from among top music performers in the United States, Latin America, and Spain. However artists from other countries are eligible, as well - as long they perform outstanding Latin music.
• Big winners at the Billboard Latin Music Awards include Enrique Iglesias who has taken home 43 awards, followed by Shakira with 34.
• The artist with the most Billboard Latin Music Awards nominations ever was Ozuma in 2019 with 23 nods in 15 categories. He took home 11 awards to became the biggest winner in a single year in the history of the awards.
the Billboard Latin Music Awards around the Web: