Take prime rib roast from refrigerator and bring to room
2. Preheat oven to a temperature of 400F.
3. Trim the excess fat and lightly score roast in a criss
4. In a small bowl, blend the salt, garlic and pepper
5. Rub the spice mixture all around prime rib until it
develops a crust.
6. Place roast into a roasting pan, and pour water into
the bottom of the pan to 1/4 inch deep.
7. Cover pan with an aluminum tent and roast prime rib
for about 1 1/2 hours or until internal temperature reaches
145 degrees (for medium rare).
Remove prime rib from oven and let cool slightly. Carve
in thick slices against the grain.