2 cloves garlic
4 anchovie filets
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 soft boiled egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 large head romaine lettuce, shredded
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2 cups prepared croutons
1. Peel the garlic cloves and place in a large wooden salad bowl. Mash the garlic with a spoon and rub against the sides of the bowl. Discard garlic so that all that remains is the garlic oil that will later flavor the salad.
2. Add the anchovies and mash well with a fork.
3. Add lemon juice, olive oil,egg yolk, black pepper, and Worcestshire sauce and whisk until a creamy dressing forms.
4. Now add the dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce,
5. Add the lettuce, croutons, and Parmesan cheese and toss well.
Although this is the "classic" recipe, you can add cooked chicken strips to make Chicken Caesar Salad, or toss in your favorite salad ingredients including tomato, avocado, etc., to make your own version.