1. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt.
2. In a large skillet, heat the oil and chicken breasts, browning on both sides. Place chicken on a plate and set aside.
3. While the oil is still hot, stir in the onions, garlic and ginger, and cook until tender.
4. Stir in the cumin, turmeric and coriander.
5. Add the tomatoes and yogurt, and stir until heated throughout.
6. Return the cooked chicken to the skillet and pour in water.
7. Bring to boil and stir until chicken is well coated.
8. Cover skillet and simmer for 15 minutes until sauce is thickened. Serve with basmati rice.