1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and baking powder.
3. In a separate bowl, mix butter and sugar until smooth.
4. Add egg and molasses and mix until smooth.
5. Gradually add flour mixture and stir until just blended.
6. Cover dough in plastic wrap and put in refrigerator until chilled.
6. Turn out dough onto floured surfaced and rollout dough to 1/4-inch thicknes.
7. Cut into shapes with gingerbread cookie cutters.
8. Place on ungreased baking sheets and bake for 10 minutes or until slightly brown.
9. Remove from oven and place on wire racks to cool.
10. In a small bowl, mix together sugar and milk to make icing.
11. Place icing in a pastry bag and decorate gingerbread.