1. Soak the Fat Choy for a few minutes before you begin and drain on paper towels before you add to the wok.
1. Remove enough lettuce leaves from the two kinds of lettuce to line a large serving dish.
2. Place lettuce leaves quickly in hot seasoned water. You want to soften the lettuce and blanch it, but not cook it.
2. Remove and line the serving dish with the leaves.
3. Poach oysters in the same water until about halfway cooked (quick - about 30 to 45 seconds).
4. Remove the oysters from the water.
5. Heat a Chinese wok or large frying pan and quickly saute the oysters with vegetable oil.
6. Stir in the black mushrooms, presoaked fat choy, chicken stock and oyster sauce.
7. Cook for a few minutes until the mushrooms are soft.
8. Season the sauce with sesame oil, salt and sugar.
9. Thoroughly mix cornstarch and water until it forms a paste.
10. While stirring, add the cornstarch mixture to the sauce until it become slightly thick. You may not need all of the cornstarch so add slowly.
11. Place oysters, black mushrooms and fat choy on top of lettuce in a nice grouping.
12. Serve and if you are preparing this for the New Year table, have a prosperous year!