1. Place beets on pan in preheated 375 degree oven and roast for 7 - 14 minutes. Skins should not brown or shrivel.
2. Remove from oven and let cool.
3. When cool, remove skins and cut into ½ inch wedges.
4. In a small bowl combine the shallots, garlic and both vinegars.
2. Whisk in the oils in a slow steady stream. Season with salt and pepper, set aside.
3. Toss the baby greens with just enough vinaigrette to coat. Divide among eight plates.
4. Place the goat cheese in the center of each salad.
5. Arrange the beets around the goat cheese.
6. Scatter the chives and the pistachios on each plate and drizzle a little more vinaigrette over the top.
7. Top with red onions.