1. Combine orange peel, lemongrass, ginger, chopped fennel and oil in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover, and steep over night.
2. Strain and reserve oil.
HALIBUT W/ BRAISED FENNEL
1. Cook slices of fennel in 2 Tbs. Infused oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, add champagne and reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender, set aside.
2. Season halibut with salt and pepper.
3. In a separate pan, heat 3 Tbs. Infused oil over high heat, add halibut and sear, about 2 minutes, should be nice and brown.
4. Turn halibut over, cover and reduce heat.
5. Cook until opaque, about 2-3 minutes.
8. Serve halibut over braised fennel, drizzled with infused oil and garnish with basil, thyme and tomatoes.