1. In a small saucepan, combine the apricot preserves, soy sauce, cinnamon stick and ginger.
2. Bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and let set for 30 minutes.
4. Add just enough water to thin down to a glaze.
5. Strain into a small bowl.
6. Rub salmon with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
7. Grill the salmon marking it on one side, turn the salmon over and brush with the glaze.
8. Cook until just done.
9. Remove from grill and brush with more glaze.
10. Serve hot or cold.