1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Sift the flour and confectioners' sugar into a medium sized bowl.
3. Cut in cold butter pieces until it makes a soft and crumbly dough.
4. Press dough into 9" square cake pan and bake until light brown, about 10 - 12 minutes.
5. In a smaller bowl, mix together eggs, sugar, lemon juice and flour for lemon topping.
6. Pour lemon topping into crust while still hot and return to oven.
7. Bake for additional 20-25 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and let cool.
9. When squares have cooled, apply lemon glaze.
1. In a bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, water and lemon juice.
2. Stir until smooth. The glaze mixture should not be runny. If it is not thick enough to spread easily, add a very small amount of extra confectioner's sugar.
3. Tint with yellow food coloring until the color is the shade of yellow you want.
4. With a butter knife or small metal spatula, lightly spread glaze on cooled lemon squares.
5. Let dry for 1 hour.
6. Cut into 8 squares and serve.