1. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees (F).
2. Sprinkle the meat all over with the salt and pepper.
3. Arrange the racks of lamb, fat side down, in a large flat baking pan. Place in oven.
4. After about eight minutes, when the meat starts to brown well, turn the racks over fat side up.
5. Continue baking, turning occasionally, until the racks of lamb are handsomely browned, about 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees (F).
7. Pour off fat from pan and scatter chopped vegetables and seasonings around the racks of lamb.
8. Place pan back in the 400 degree oven and continue cooking and turning the lamb about 10 minutes longer.
9. Add chicken broth and cook five minutes longer then remove from oven.
10. Pour off and save broth from pan. Strain it and keep it hot. Disgard vegetables.
11. Place racks of lamb fat side up.
12. Blend the bread crumbs, shallots and parsley until very well mixed.
13. Coat the tops of the racks of lamb with the mixture patting it down so it will adhere to the meat.
14. Run the lamb quickly under the broiler until the tops brown. Be careful not to burn the bread crumb mixture.
15. Slice the racks into rib portions and serve hot with the strained broth.