In a large non-aluminum saucepan, combine strawberries
with sugar and let stand for several hours.
2. Over medium heat, bring strawberries to a boil, stirring occasionally.
3. Add lemon juice and cook an additional 15-20 minutes or until thickened.
4. Pour mixture into a shallow pan and let stand, uncovered, for 12 hours.
5. Pour strawberry mixture into hot, sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
6. Process for 15 minutes in a boiling water bath.
Let cool and store in pantry.
Makes four 8-ounce jars.