1. Soak almonds in water in a microwave-safe container for 15 minutes.
2. Microwave on high setting for 6-8 minutes then let cool for 10 minutes.
3. Peel skin off of the almonds and grind the peeled almonds in a blender with milk to form a smooth paste.
4. Melt butter to form ghee.
5. Put almond paste and 2 tbsp. ghee in a medium size saucepan.
6. Heat on a medium flame while stirring until the mixture begins to get thick.
7. When thick, add sugar and continue stirring.
8. Add another spoonful of ghee while stirring and continue to add the remaining ghee by spoonfuls every minute. Continue to stir so the mixture does not stick to the bottom or burn.
9. Add cardamom powder and continue stirring until it becomes very thick and separates from the sides of the pan.
10. Grease a square cake pan and pour the thickened mixture into it.
11. When slightly cool, cut it into squares and serve.