1. Preheat oven to 350ļ.
2. With an electric mixer, cream shortening, peanut butters and sugars, until pale and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and water.
3. In a gallon size zippered food storage bag, combine flour, baking soda and baking powder. Seal bag well and shake until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
4. With your mixer on its slowest speed, gradually add flour mixture to the creamed mixture. Do not over mix at this point; mix only until combined.
5. With a cookie scoop, scoop out balls of dough. Roll balls in sugar and place 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a fork, while scoring a criss-cross pattern on the tops of the dough balls.
6. Bake for approximately 10-14 minutes. Do not over bake. Bottoms should be just golden brown.
7. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheets and then transfer to wire cooling racks to cool completely.