1. In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
2. Add garlic, peppers, mushrooms and hot pepper flakes; cook, stirring for about 10 minutes or until mushrooms are golden brown and no liquid remains.
3. Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for about 12 minutes or until al dente (tender but firm to the bite).
4. Drain reserving 1 cup (250 mL) of the cooking water and return pasta to the pot.
5. Add mushroom mixture, parsley and salt; toss to combine.
6. Add enough of the reserved pasta cooking water to moisten.
Variation: Add 8 oz (250 g) sausage, cooked and sliced to the mushroom mixture before tossing it with the pasta.