1. Combine all ingredients except crabmeat and oil in a medium sized bowl. Mix well.
2. Gently fold in crabmeat. You want the final mixture to be filled with lumps of tasty crabmeat so avoid breaking up the lumps of crabmeat.
3. Divide the mixture into 6 portions and shape each portion into a cake about 2 1/2 inches high and 1/2-inch thick.
4. Add enough oil to cover the bottom of a large skillet.
5. Heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Gently add the crab cakes -- watch out for spattering.
6. Fry each side until deep golden brown (about 4 to 5 minutes for each side). Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.