MAIN Recreation Beaches US Oregon Beaches
Experience the Pacific at its most historic, rugged and wild -- and still free!
The state's beaches – all 363 miles of them -- are designated as public lands.
Where else? In Oregon.
From Oregon's best at Cannon Beach at Ecola State Park to the beaches of Samuel H. Boardman State Scenic Corridor (often called Oregon's best kept secret), you can follow the scenic lighthouses along historic Highway 101 on a complete tour of the Oregon coast.
You can also plan on sunny days in Oregon for
Oregon whale watching, digging for clams, or camping out on a sandy Oregon beach.
In Oregon it's all cool.
A couple admire the view at Cannon Beach near Haystock Rock, 90 minutes from Portland.
What's the weather like today? Oregon beach web cams:
Cannon Beach webcams
Lincoln City webcam
Pacific CIty webcam
Natural attraction: Sea Lion Caves.
DID YOU KNOW? Oregon beach fun facts:
• Two of the most visited beaches along the Oregon coast are
Seaside and Cannon Beach, a 90-minute drive from Portland.
• It's where a large number of local sea lions and shore birds call home -- at the nation's largest sea cave,
Sea Lion Caves near Florence on US Hwy. 101.
• Stretching about 40 miles between Florence and North Bend is
Oregon Dunes Recreational Area, the largest expanse of coastal dunes in
• 18,000 gray whales migrate twice a year along the Oregon coast from mid-December through January -- and again in late March to early June (conveniently scheduled during
also see -> Oregon tourist attractions | Oregon campgrounds
More about Oregon beaches around the Web:
- Discover complete info on Oregon's coastal cities from Astoria to Yachats, with local attractions and events, maps and directions to beaches and boating, with related resources.
Visit the Oregon Coast
- Head straight for the travel and recreation category for a complete rundown on coastal attractions via a Oregon Coast Travel Guide clickable map, then tool around the rest of the site for a photo gallery, video clips, restaurant guide, lodging and more.