Get ready for the ceremony and festivities as a handful of inductees are enshrined at the Pro Football Hall of Fame this summer.
enshrinement ceremonies will take place on Saturday, August 4, 2018. All the hoopla is preceded
by nothing less than the biggest NFL preseason exhibition pro game of the year.
The AFC-NFC Hall of Fame Game takes place on Thursday, August 2, 2018 airing on NBC beginning at 8:00
p.m. ET live from the Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium in Canton, Ohio.
BUT then after the big game on there's serious business to attend to -- at the Football Hall of Fame 2018 Enshrinement Ceremony.
That's when the Football Hall of Fame recognizes retired pro players with the honor of a lifetime. Watch it when the ceremony is televised nationally on Sunday, August 5, 2018 by the NFL Network and ESPN from the Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium in Canton.
Third time's a charm: Terrell Owens will finally
get inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame in
2018 after being nominated in 2016 & 2017.
However, the always controversial T.O. has
decided not to
attend this year's ceremony.
Who will be inducted into the Hall of Fame this year?
Included are wide receiver Terrell Owens, linebacker Robert Brazile, linebacker Brian Urlacher, and safety Brian Dawkins.
Other members of the Hall of Fame’s Class of 2018 are guard Jerry Kramer, linebacker Ray Lewis, wide receiver Randy Moss, and contributor Bobby Beathard.
All will be presented with their bust sculptures and gold jackets in Canton this summer.
To be considered for Pro Football Hall of Fame election, a nominated player or coach must have been retired at least five years. This year's class will increase to more than 300 the players and coaches who are now permanently honored in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio.
In celebration, a 10-day party is traditionally planned
in Canton at the Pro
Football Hall of Fame Festival with fireworks displays, live music concerts, and kids activities.
DID YOU KNOW? Hall of Fame fun facts
• What's in a name? The more colorfully-named Hall of Fame inductees have included Elroy (Crazylegs) Hirsch, Frank (Bruiser) Kinard, Dick (Night Train) Lane, Clyde (Bulldog) Turner, Alphonse (Tuffy) Leemans, and "Mean" Joe Greene.
Class of '87: Pete Rozelle, O.J. Simpson, Joe Namath, Roger Staubach.
• "Mean" Joe Greene was inducted in 1987, but remains even more famous for starring in a Coke commercial entitled "Hey, Kid Catch!" which aired during the 1979 Super Bowl.
• One of the most illustrious Hall of Fame classes was inducted in 1985. It included Joe Namath, Pete Rozelle, O.J. Simpson, and Roger Staubach.
• Cal Hubbard is currently the only person in both the Pro Football Hall of Fame (as a player) and the Baseball Hall of Fame (as an umpire).
• Pennsylvania leads the pack in inductees, with 30 members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame born in the Keystone state.
More about the pro football Hall of Fame around the Web:
On the Web,
take a virtual tour, learn more about football greats of the past
in profiles & photos, get details on the Hall of Fame Weekend
festivities, and what else it means to be forever enshrined in
the American Pro Football Hall of Fame ....
Football Hall of Fame - Check out the official site with pictures, updates, inductee news, annual Hall of Fame Weekend &
game schedule, museum virtual tour, pictures & video presentations, extensive historical guides including a decade-by-decade timeline,
player profiles, plus a complete visitor guide with directions, contact info.
Football Hall of Fame Festival - Pulling out all the stops in Canton with a 10-day celebration featuring hot air balloon
flights, parades, races, concerts & fireworks, and a complete schedule including ticket information and visitor guide.