The British Open is back in full swing this year celebrating its milestone 150th anniversary at - where else? - at St. Andrews Old Course in Fife, Scotland, the original home of the sport of golf where it has been played since the 15th century.
Watch for all the action to take place at St. Andrews from Thursday, July 14 to Sunday, July 17, 2022 televised live in the US on NBC and the Golf Channel.
2022 British Open US TV schedule
In the US, watch for NBC and the Golf Channel to televise the 2022 British Open in its entirety. The Golf Channel will air the first and second rounds of the tournament while network NBC airs the third round and the final on Sunday. (All times ET):
Thursday, July 14 -- 1:30 AM - 4 PM on the Golf Channel.
Friday, July 15 -- 1:30 AM - 4 PM on the Golf Channel
Saturday, July 16 -- 5 AM - 7 AM on the Golf Channel, 7 AM - 3 PM on NBC
Sunday, July 17 -- 2:30 AM - 6 AM on the Golf Channel, 6 AM - 2 PM. on NBC
It will be the 30th time that The Open calls St. Andrews home as it celebrates its 150th edition in 2022.
All about the British Open
the UK, it's simply called The Open the world's
first golf championship tournament which began in 1860. Today it is one of the hottest tickets in the world of sport.
The British Open will feature top performances by golf pros who will gather to compete for the historic Claret
Jug trophy and the Open's huge $1.5 million prize.
DID YOU KNOW? British Open Fun Facts
The oldest winner of the British Open was "Old"
Tom Morris who was 46 when he won in 1867.
His son, "Young" Tom Morris was 17
when he won the following year.
• Legendary British golfing great, Harry Vardon, holds the record for most British Open wins with six -- in 1896, 1898, 1899, 1903, 1911, and 1914.
• American golfing great, Jack Nicklaus, named his golf course "Muirfield" in Ohio after the course where he won his first British Open in 1966.
• Bob Charles was the first first New Zealander - and the first left-handed player - to win the Open in 1963.
• Gary Player has played the British Open more than anyone with 46 appearances. Player further distinguished himself after winning the British Open in 1959, 1968, and 1974 making him the only golfer in the 20th century to win the Open in three different decades.
• Ben Curtis was a PGA rookie ranked no. 396 in the world when he won the British Open in 2003.
• Josh Hutchison was born in England, but he was a naturalized US citizen by the time he won in 1921 to become the first American to win the British Open.
More about the British Open around the Web:
The Open Championship -
The official site of The Open with ticket information and online purchase, video highlights,
a daily photo gallery, player biographies, feature articles and
The Open Championship - Wikipedia - The complete overview including historical highlights, future dates and venues, photos, related references and resources, and a list of winners from 1860 to the present.