It's the rite of spring for professional golf as the Masters returns to it's traditional April schedule this year in Augusta following a pushback to November last year due to health concerns.
This year, watch for the 2021 Masters to be televised from Thursday, April 8 to Sunday, April 11 on ESPN and CBS.
Masters Tournament 2021 TV Schedule
The home audience will be close by TVs, laptops and smartphones to watch the Masters on a variety of media (including online streaming webcasts and video clips) when the 86th annual Masters Tournament airs on CBS Television with early round coverage on ESPN.
Thursday, April 8
1 pm - 5:30 pm
Friday, April 9
1 pm - 5:30 pm
Saturday, April 10
9 am - 12 pm
Sunday, April 11
10 am - 3 pm
All about the Masters Tournament
In the world of golf, the Masters is the annual spring time ritual at the August National golf course featuring
top golfers battling it out for the famous green jacket in the first major championship of the season -- with prize money worth over a million dollars.
Say amen, brother: Something akin to the Bermuda Triangle, Augusta's infamous Amen Corner comprises the 11th, 12th and 13th holes where even the best players
pray to avoid sand traps, sudden wind gusts, and Rae's Creek looming just below.
DID YOU KNOW? Masters Tournament trivia & fun facts
The Masters remains a No
Zone where calls are
old fashioned way.
• Augusta National outfitted their members with green jackets during the Masters tournament beginning in 1937, so patrons would know who to turn to for information. Today, the world famous Green Jacket is given to Masters winners to designate their honorary membership into the club.
• With Americans off to war in the 1940's, 200 cows were employed to "mow" the grass at Augusta National due to the acute labor shortage.
• On Tuesday night of tournament week, the last year’s winner gets to choose the menu and host a Champions Dinner for all past winners of the Masters. Tiger Woods first Champions Dinner is still talked about, and consisted of cheeseburgers, chicken sandwiches, French fries and milkshakes.
• The Masters Tournament can boast many pro golf "firsts" including the first to have a mega-parking area with room for thousands of cars. It was the first to use bleachers, and the first to develop an on-course scoreboard. It was the first tournament to be covered on nationwide radio and, years later, the first to be televised on digital TV.
• The Masters remains the only major tournament where fans are prohibited from carrying cell phones, considered a major distraction to professional play. The no-cell zone is also one of the last places on the planet where people can be seen lining up to make a call at pay phones.
More about the Masters Tournament around the Web:
Around the Web, find out more at top sites offering previews, ticket information, photos & clips, background facts, trivia and related tourism information for those traveling to this year's big Masters shootout in Augusta ...
2021 Masters Golf Tournament
- The history, the trophies, a visual of the course, greatest moments, lowest scores, webcasts, and ticket information, plus searchable video highlights and news on the current Masters and winners of the past. Keep up with the top names as they compete for the green jacket in Augusta...
BBC Sport | Golf - Up-to-the-minute Masters coverage with all the latest action in photos, audio and video clips, leaderboard, clubhouse scores, feature stories, Augusta weather info.
Augusta, GA - The hometown of the fabled Masters Golf Tournament, with more going on than just golf. The info on this site will help you plan where to stay, what to do when you're not watching the action at the golf course and where to eat. Of course, they also have excellent coverage of the main event.