Following the 2019 NBA finals the first
and second rounds of NBA draft picks will be held at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
Watch for the NBA draft televised live nationally by ESPN on Thursday, June 20, 2019.beginning at 7PM ET (6PM Central, 5PM Mountain and 4PM Pacific time).
New this year, the 2019 NBA draft will be the first with a new weighted lottery system, replacing the old lottery system where the 3 worst teams will each have a 14% chance of winning the lottery. The lottery will take place on May 14, 2019 during the 2019 NBA playoffs.
Meanwhile, keep it here for reports on who's in line to join the ranks of the NBA in 2019.
High school hoop star, Kobe Bryant.
DID YOU KNOW? NBA Draft trivia & fun facts
• 1984 is considered the greatest NBA draft class in history. Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, John Stockton and Hakeem Olajuwon were all selected during the first round.
• In 1978, Larry Bird was selected by the Boston Celtics, but he decided he wanted to finish his final year in school. As a result, the NBA instituted the “Bird Collegiate Rule” that said teams could only draft players who were ready to sign on the dotted line.
• Drafted by the LA Lakers right out of high school, Kobe Bryant had to have his parents co-sign his first NBA contract. He was 17 years old.
• Kentucky and Duke have each had three players selected as the No. 1 NBA draft pick, the most for any school. For Kentucky it was John Wall (Wizards, 2010), Anthony Davis (Hornets, 2012) and Karl-Anthony Towns (Timberwolves, 2015). For Duke, it was Art Heyman (Knicks, 1963), Elton Brand (Bulls, 1999) and Kyrie Irving (Cavaliers, 2011).
• The San Antonio Spurs haven't had a lottery pick since 1997, the longest stretch in the NBA.
More about the NBA Draft around the Web:
Elsewhere on the Web, keep up-to-date on the latest from inside the NBA - along with scouting reports from the field and expert tips from sports reporters who live and breath NBA draft picks season by season ....
ESPN 2019 NBA Draft - Get the latest from insider experts with complete analysis including top 100 prospects, major news headlines & feature stories, player profiles & photos.
Check out weekly reports on top performers with in-depth
analysis of first round picks, the latest news headlines plus
NCAA and international coverage.