Second only to the Rose Bowl in terms of attendance, the Peach Bowl is a hot ticket each year as one of the top 6 bowl games to serve as the semifinal for the College Football Championship.
Because of its sponsor's popularity, the Peach Bowl was most recently known as simply the Chick-fil-A Bowl. But it soon reverted back to its traditional name when it became part of the final match-ups to decide who would reign supreme in the college championship.
2018 Peach Bowl game TV schedule
The 2018 Peach Bowl kicks off this year on Saturday, December 29, 2018 on ESPN at 12 PM live from the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta as the Michigan Wolverines take on the Florida Gators.
Peach Bowl trivia & fun facts
The brand new Mercedes-Benz staidum in
the old Georgia Dome
that stood right next door until 2017 .
• Talk about a hot ticket. The Peach Bowl was a sellout for 17 straight years from 1998 through 2013.
• The 2006 Georgia vs. Virginia Tech game had the largest number of fans in Peach Bowl history with 75,406 in attendance.
• 2017 marked the first time that the Peach Bowl was played in its new home, the Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
• With a 6-6 final score between Texas Tech and Vanderbilt, the 1974 Peach Bowl was the only tie game in its history.
• The Peach Bowl is considered a "lucky" venue for Louisiana State University which scored victories each time they played in Atlanta in 1968, 1996, 2000, 2005, and 2008.
• On December 31, 2012 the Peach Bowl boasted its highest TV ratings, averaging 557,000 viewers. It was ESPN's most-viewed non-BCS bowl ever. The New Year's Eve telecast saw Clemson beat LSU in a razor-thin 25-24 victory.
More about the Peach Bowl around the Web
Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl - Here's the official site with more on this year's game along with background information, fast facts, ticket purchase, and visitor guide.
Peach Bowl - SB Nation - Get expert analysis, picks and predictions on this year's game along with related feature stories.
Peach Bowl - Wikipedia entry on the game with history, stats, winners, pictures and related resources.