The world's top men's and women's tennis champions are ready to do battle at the annual Wimbledon championships in London in 2018.
Defending champs Roger Federer and Garbiñe Muguruza will take center stage when Wimbledon kicks off on Monday, July 2 leading up to the women's final on Saturday, July 14 and men's final on Sunday, July 15, 2018.
As usual, watch for complete Wimbledon TV coverage in the USA on ESPN and ESPN2. In the U.K., Wimbledon coverage can be seen on BBC, with video clips of the day's action available at BBC Tennis online.
In Canada, the Wimbledon championship is traditionally broadcast on TSN while Australia tunes into FOX for complete Wimbledon coverage.
Meanwhile, get ready for Wimbledon party ideas -- and check out the complete US schedule for watching a mid-summer celebration of all things British and tennis at Wimbledon:
US 2018 Wimbledon TV schedule - (all times Eastern)
• In 2009, a retractable roof was added to Centre Court so matches could be played rain or shine.
• Of the four tennis Grand Slam events held each year, Wimbledon is the only one to be played the old-fashioned way - on grass. The natural turf is continually trimmed up to exactly 8mm (or about a 1/4 inch) to keep the action fast and furious.
• To date, Roger Federer holds the record for most Wimbledon men's titles with 11. Retired female great Martina Navratilova holds the record for most Wimbledon women's titles with 12.
• The longest match ever played at Wimbledon took place in 2010 when US player John Isner defeated French player Nicolas Mahut in a match that lasted 11 hours, five minutes and was played over the course of three days.
• Rufus the Hawk is employed by Wimbledon to keep pigeons away from their venue and is described as an "important member of the Wimbledon family". Rufus has his own accounts on Twitter and Facebook, along with his own Wimbledon security pass with the job title, "Bird Scarer".
• American fans were able to watch every single match live from Wimbledon on ESPN for the first time in 2013, following spotty network coverage that put the spotlight on the finals.
More about Wimbledon around the Web
On the Web, check out highlights, photo galleries, video clips, player profiles, updated scores and assorted Wimbledon fun facts & trivia, along with traditional Wimbledon party recipes to celebrate the occasion.
Wimbledon.com - Check out the official site with the latest headlines, video, feature
stories, photos, plus ticket information & prices for ticket packages and accommodations,
visitor and museum info, directions for getting there, along with Wimbledon
history, records and stats.
ESPN Tennis - Here's "Wimbledon central" for American audiences looking for the full TV schedule, plus check out photos, videos, and major news coverage.
BBC SPORT | Tennis - The Beeb Online as only they can do it, with reports from Centre Court at Wimbledon, along with player profiles, video clips, photo galleries and the television schedule for BBC 1 and BBC 2.
Wimbledon - Wikipedia - The free online encyclopedia with historical color commentary and info on men's and women's singles and doubles
champions from 1913 to the present.