WHERE :Arizona State Fairgrounds 1826 W. McDowell Road, Phoenix
Welcome to the one of the 5 largest state fairs in the USA - which easily attracts over 1 million visitors each year!
So get ready for an annual rodeo performances, carnival rides, deep fried Oreos, and other family fun as the Arizona State Fair opens all month long this fall, scheduled from Saturday, October 1 to Sunday, October 30, 2022.
2022 Arizona State Fair concert lineup
The Arizona State Fair concert lineup was canceled last year due to budget and safety concerns, but this year look forward to major headline entertainment included free with each ticket purchase.
Meanwhile, watch this space for updates over the summer with a complete concert lineup including official dates and times.
All about the Arizona State Fair
Like most of the more famous state fairs, the Arizona State Fair began under humble circumstances.
Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo, Trace Adkins, Lil Pump,
and Becky G headlined the
2019 Arizona State Fair.
Even before it was a state (Arizona entered the union in 1912), a group of families got together to organize the Arizona Territory Fair in 1884. Since then - save for natural disasters, crop failures and a couple of world wars - the fair has been in almost continuous operation.
Today, the fair's permanent home is at the Arizona State Fairgrounds in Phoenix where each October the fair kicks off with an exciting variety of entertainment :
Figuring prominently are 75 different amusement park rides, more than a 100 food booths, and an array of agricultural exhibitions including everything from pig races to horse festivals.
Speaking of horses, another major annual attraction at the fair is the All-Indian Rodeo, which is usually scheduled when the fair is at its height. Bronco busting, bare-back riding, roping and steer wrestling are all part of the action as the rodeo thunders into the Grandstand in October.
Family fun, farm animals, ferris wheels. and deep fried everything -- only at the Fair.
DID YOU KNOW?
Arizona State Fair fun facts
Marilyn Monroe grandstanding at the fair.
• In 1955, the Grandstand Arena had a co-starrring role with Marilyn Monroe in scenes from the film "Bus Stop".
• The Arizona State Fair has seen a rollercoaster ride of ups and downs over the years, including cancellation of the fair in 1918 due to the flu pandemic, closing down in the 1930's during the Great Depression, and a hiatus for several years during both World War I and II.
• In 1985, the Arizona State Fair was well on its way to becoming one of the top state fairs in the nation when it hit its record attendance of over one million people.
• In 2006, the Arizona State Fair enjoyed a record high of 1,303,690 visitors thanks mainly to a concert lineup that included the Steve Miller Band, Foo Fighters, and Gretchen Wilson.
• The Party Gras, originally the Gem and Mineral Building, was built in 1918 to showcase minerals from Arizona's mining industry. Today it stands as the oldest building at the fairgrounds.
More information about the Arizona State Fair around the Web:
2022 Arizona State Fair -
Check out the official site with a complete guide to schedules, concert lineup, ticket prices, deals & discounts, major attractions, photos, maps and directions.
Arizona State Fair - Here's the Wikipedia guide to the annual fair including a brief history, attendance records, concert lineup and related resources.