Downtown Beirut comes alive
at night with an array of cafes,
clubs and discos.
With a long history of contention with its larger neighbor, Israel, recent tensions between Israel and Hizballah has resulted in most
Western governments posting traveling warnings to the region.
In more peaceful times, Lebanon can be a traveler's delight.
Visit Lebanon and discover vibrant wine producing
areas, breathtaking beaches along Lebanon's Mediterranean coast, as well as world class ski resorts like that found at Faraya-Mzaar, a one-hour drive northeast of Downtown Beirut, the cosmopolitan capital famous for its nightlife and mind-boggling array of hip clubs and discos.
A truly four season travel destination, summer in Lebanon is traditionally the height of the tourist season, when warm dry weather is almost assured. Spring and autumn are somewhat rainy, but still warm and less crowded with summer tourists.
At any time of year, beware of traffic and the country's notorious reputation
for non-existent street lights, road signs ... or speed limits!
Born in Beirut.
DID YOU KNOW? Lebanon Travel Fun Facts
• It is believed that Jesus' first miracle, changing water into wine at the Marriage at Cana, was performed in the southern Lebanese village of Qana.
• Lebanon is the only country in the Middle East that does not have a desert.
• 40% of Lebanese people are Christian, the highest percentage of any Middle Eastern country.
• Inhabited for more than 7,000 years, Byblos is among the world's oldest cities.
• Famous people born in Lebanon include writer Khalil Gibran, actor Keanu Reeves, and lawyer Amal Alamuddin Clooney (wife of actor George Clooney).
More about Lebanon travel & tourism around the Web:
Destination Lebanon - The official site for travel & tourism with guides to restaurants, entertainment, shopping, online hotel booking, practical travel tips, downloadable travel brochures.
Best in Lebanon - Like it says, beckoning with colorful guides to the country's art & culture, cuisine, local wines &
restaurants, family and kid-friendly attractions, nightlife, clubs and entertainment, suggested hotels, event calendar.