Many people know a golfer or have one in the family, but for those who know little about the game, around the holidays or for birthdays it can be difficult choose just the right gift that the avid golfer will appreciate.
Cute bobbleheads, golf calendars, prints or posters are obvious choices, but to pick out a really special golf gift a few factors usually come into play such as:
- Do they have a preference for brand golf balls, clubs or other equipment?
- Are they just starting out, or have they been playing for years?
- What golf courses do they like to play?
Once you have this basic information, you'll be more confident about scoring a hole-in-one with these especially thoughtful gift ideas:
• Every golfer, at whatever skill level, is always in need of balls, ball markers and golf tees. Gather them all together in a gift basket, tie it with bright red bow, and you've got the perfect holiday, retirement or birthday present.
A gift certificate for a few practice
weekend rounds at their favorite course is perfect for beginner golfers.
• Another easy - but highly appreciated - gift idea is to find out which golf course they use (or would like to) and treat them to pay-to-play gift certificates for a few weekend rounds.
• For beginning golf addicts, books on the topic are always welcome. To find the right one surf around at online stores such as Amazon.com for reviews from other golfers to pick out the most popular reads.
• Computer software is another good purchase that helps both beginners and golf veterans keep track of their strokes, scores, and other information to help improve their game.
• A brand new set of clubs are what many golfers will dearly appreciate, although this high ticket item is a highly personal preference so, again, make sure you know which brand they prefer
before choosing a set of golf clubs. If they already have a set, perhaps they need a replacement such as a driver or wedge which will complete it.
• How do you get to Pebble Beach? Practice! Most golfers like to practice wherever they are, so swing trainers or practice mats, instructional videos, and other training aids are another thoughtful gift idea.
• The dream golf gift? An all-expense paid golf vacation! Make it more affordable by gathering friends and family to chip in. Whether it's Pebble Beach, or a luxury golf resort closer to home, it's the ultimate golf gift that will be remembered for a lifetime.