1. In a small saucepan, heat milk (do not boil).
2. Pour milk into large mixing bowl.
3. Sprinkle in yeast and stir to dissolve.
4. Beat in the eggs, sugar, salt, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg.
5. Slowly mix in flour until a very soft dough forms.
6. Cover dough with wrap and let rest for 1 hour.
7. Return dough to mixing bowl and knead again until soft, then add raisins or candied fruit and knead again until blended.
8. Shape dough in a ball, cover with wrap and place in refrigerator to let rise overnight.
9 Remove from refrigerator and let dough warm to room temperature.
10. Take handfuls of dough and form into balls.
11. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover with towel and let rise again until doubled in size.
12. Use a sharp knife to cut crosses on top of each bun.
13. Brush tops with egg white.
14. Bake in 350F oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
GLAZE: Mix together confectioner's sugar, lemon extract and milk until smooth. Spoon on buns in a cross pattern.