1 tablespoon peanut oil
1 cup lean ground pork
1 cup baby shrimp
1 cup mung bean shoots
1-1/2 cups Chinese cabbage, shredded
2 scallions, shredded
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 package spring roll wrappers
1 egg, beaten
oil for deep frying
1. In skillet or wok, heat oil, add pork and shrimp and quickly stir fry.
2. Add vegetables and stir fry for 1 minute.
3. In a mixing bowl, add chicken broth, oyster sauce, sugar, and cornstarch. Add to pan and stir-fry until sauce thickens. Allow to cool.
4. Lay out wrapper in a diamond shape with one point facing you. Add two teaspoonfuls of filling in a thin sausage shape on the bottom third of the wrapper. Take the point of the wrapper and roll it over the filling securely. Moisten remaining corners with beaten egg. Fold left and right corners to the center of the wrapper, then continue to roll up sealing the top corner with more beaten egg. Repeat until all filling is used up. Lay completed rolls seam side down on a sheet pan unti ready to fry.
4. Add cooking oil to wok or deep fryer and heat to 375F.
5. Gently add spring rolls a few at a time and fry to a golden crisp. Drain on paper towels.
Serve with duck sauce or plum sauce to dip.