1. Prepare a baking sheet by lightly greasing with oil. Preheat oven to 450ºF.
2. Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1-inch french fries.
3. Toss the potatoes with the oil and salt until they are evenly coated.
4. Arrange potatoes on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes. Turn them after about 15 minutes so they cook evenly. When done, the chips should be soft on the inside and a crisp golden brown on the outside.
3. While the potatoes cook, prepare the fish. In a shallow dish, mix together the bread crumbs, salt, pepper and oregano.
4. In another shallow dish and beat the egg whites well with a fork until frothy. Dip the fish strips first into the egg white, shaking off any excess, and then into the bread crumb mixture. Be sure that the fish is covered with bread crumbs on all sides.
5. In a large skillet, heat the oil over a medium-high flame. Add as one layer of fish pieces to the pan and fry until they are golden, about 4 or 5 minutes for each side. Repeat this until all of the fish pieces are cooked.
6. Serve with the potatoes.