Where: Belmont Park, NY televised live on NBC, beginning at 4PM ET, post time approx. 6:45PM ET.
Just up ahead, check out Belmont post positions, odds, facts and figures, history & trivia plus related Belmont party ideas and everything else you ever wanted to know about the Triple Crown finale in New York City.
The 152nd running of the Belmont Stakes will be televised live from Belmont on Saturday, June 6, 2020, on NBC beginning at 5 PM ET with post time set for 6:45PM ET.
Meanwhile, watch for the official Belmont post positions and morning line odds to be announced live from Belmont Park on Tuesday, June 2, 2020.
2020 Belmont post positions & morning line odds
Belmont 2019 rewind
This year's race at Belmont went off without a hitch, although there was one big surprise -- in who won! It was long-shot Sir Winston who surged late to take the 2019 Belmont Stakes, despite a last-minute push from favorite Tacitus -- to claim the final leg of the American Triple Crown. Ultimately, Tacitus came in second an even longer-shot, Joevia, came in third.
Payouts at the 2019 Belmont Stakes were as follows:
Sir Winston - Win: $22.40 Place: $8.80 Show: $6.10
The Belmont Stakes is run on the largest dirt track in North America at Belmont Park, measuring a massive 1 1/2 miles around.
The last and most demanding jewel in the Triple Crown, the Belmont race is also known as "The Test of the Champion" for the gruelling physical toll it takes on 3-year-old horses and the critical pacing and timing demanded of skilled jockeys.
Hey...this is the Big Apple - and In the final showdown only the smartest and strongest survive!
The lineup of major contenders at the Belmont stakes traditionally depend on the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness, and how well horses perform in those two races. But at Belmont, anything can happen.
DID YOU KNOW? Belmont Stakes Fun Facts
Secretariat wins by an incredible 31
at the Belmont Stakes in 1973.
• Betting on the Belmont today? The No. 1 post has resulted in the most winners at Belmont with 23. The No. 3 and No. 5 gates have been lucky with 13 wins each.
• The traditional flowers at the Belmont Stakes are white carnations. A blanket of 500 carnations worn by the winning horse takes up to 10 hours to assemble.
• Triple Crown winner and horse legend Secretariat clocked the fastest time ever at the Belmont Stakes at 2:24 in 1973 and finished at an incredible 31 lengths.
• Another legendary Belmont winner, Man o' War (1920), sired three horses who also went on to win the Belmont Stakes: American Flag (1925), Crusader (1926) and Triple Crown winner War Admiral (1937).
• Start spreadin' the news .... “My Old Kentucky Home” is featured at the Kentucky Derby. “Maryland, My Maryland” is sung at the Preakness Stakes. But the race at Belmont includes a sing-along of Frank Sinatra's version of "New York, New York." And only the version by Ol' Blue Eyes will do.
More about the Belmont Stakes around the Web:
Stakes - The official site offering up ticket information, video clips, history
and trivia and the complete lineup for the big race in June, along
with feature stories & highlights
Sports - Horse Racing - The official home of the televised Triple Crown races featuring Belmont news and related articles, video clips,
history and trivia, plus fun features on the Kentucky Derby and Preakness races.
Stakes - Wikipedia - Deep background, historical facts & photos
along with a complete list of winners and jockeys
dating back to 1867.
Stakes Party Ideas
Belmont Breeze - Party on - with a recipe for the official
drink of the Belmont Stakes.