When: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 Where: Marlins Park, Miami TV channel: on FOX beginning at 7:30PM ET.
the Mid-Summer Classic -- as the best players from American League and National Leagues baseball face off to do battle
Who selects the All Star team? Online voting among players AND fans begins just before
This year, AL and NL All-Star teams will be unveiled in early July.
That's when top picks from both leagues are chosen at mlb.com -- in a flurry of voting to see whose favorites will do battle on a level playing field of baseball greats in pitching, hitting, and fielding.
When all the votes are in, the 88th edition of the MLB All Star Game will take place on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at Marlins Park, home of the Miami Marlins. It will be the first time ever that the Marlins play host to the MLB All-Star Game and they will be pulling out all the stops for the honor, including a FanFest at the Miami Beach Conventon Center, a red carpet event, a celebrity softball game, and more.
Televised nationwide on FOX, pre-game hoopla begins at
7:30PM ET on Tuesday, July 11, 2017. ESPN Radio will provide exclusive national radio coverage
while MLB.com will provide extensive online coverage.
DID YOU KNOW? Baseball All-Star Game fun facts
Yankee legend Babe Ruth heads into home
after hitting the very first
at the original 1933 game.
• The first All-Star Game was played in 1933 at Comiskey Park in Chicago. In that game, Babe Ruth hit the first All-Star home run, leading the American League to victory 4-2.
• The leader for most appearances at All-Star games is Hank Aaron at 25, followed by Stan Musial and Willie Mays who are both tied with 24.
• New York has hosted the All-Star game eight times: Yankees (4), New York Giants (2), Mets (1), and Brooklyn Dodgers (1).
• Yankee great Derek Jeter is the only player to ever win the All-Star game MVP and the World Series MVP in the same season (2000).
• The longest All-Star game happened in 2008 at Yankee Stadium. It lasted 4 hours, 50 minutes, went on for 15 innings, and ended at 1:38 a.m.
the MLB All-Star Game around the Web:
2017 MLB All-Star Game - The official MLB site offering headline
news, fan voting, ticket information, feature stories and photos,
FOX Sports - The official home of the televised game with
the full schedule, related news, buzz and rumors leading up to
the big night.
League Baseball All Star Game - Complete background information
from Wikipedia including history, current rules and voting information,
fun facts and trivia with related resources.
Game History on Baseball Almanac - Everything you ever
wanted to know, including complete stats, attendance records,
M.V.P. Award winners, who sang the Star Spangled Banner at each
game, and more - from 1933 to the present.