2018 Major League Baseball All Star Game Fast Facts
When: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 Where: Nationals Park, Washington DC TV channel: on FOX beginning at 7:30PM ET.
Who's YOUR favorite baseball all star?
the Mid-Summer Classic -- as the best players from American League and National Leagues baseball face off to do battle
Who selects the All Star team? Online voting among players AND fans begins just before
mid-season. This year, AL and NL All-Star teams will be unveiled in early July.
That's when top picks from both leagues are chosen at mlb.com -- in a flurry of voting to see whose favorites will do battle on a level playing field of baseball greats in pitching, hitting, and fielding.
When all the votes are in, the 89th edition of the MLB All Star Game will take place on Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at National Park, home of the Washington Nationals. It will be the first time ever that the Nationals play host to the MLB All-Star Game.
Televised nationwide on FOX, pre-game hoopla begins at
7:30PM ET on Tuesday, July 17, 2018. ESPN Radio will provide exclusive national radio coverage
while MLB.com will provide extensive online coverage.
DID YOU KNOW? Baseball All-Star Game fun facts
Yankee legend Babe Ruth heads into home
after hitting the very first
at the original 1933 game.
• The first All-Star Game was played at Comiskey Park in Chicago in 1933. In that game, Babe Ruth hit the first All-Star home run, leading the American League to victory 4-2.
• The player with the most appearances at an All-Star game is Hank Aaron with 25, followed by Stan Musial and Willie Mays who are both tied with 24 appearances.
• New York has hosted the All-Star game eight times in total. The Yankees have hosted four times, followed by the New York Giants with two. The Mets and Brooklyn Dodgers have both hosted once.
• The only player ever to win the All-Star game MVP and the World Series MVP in the same season (2000) was Yankee great Derek Jeter.
• The longest All-Star game happened in 2008 at Yankee Stadium. It lasted 4 hours, 50 minutes. It went on for 15 innings and ended at 1:38 a.m.
the MLB All-Star Game around the Web:
2018 MLB All-Star Game - Check out the official MLB site offering headline
news, fan voting, ticket information, feature stories and photos,
FOX Sports - Here's the official home of the televised game with
the full schedule, related news, buzz and rumors leading up to
the big night.
League Baseball All Star Game - Get complete background information
from Wikipedia including history, current rules and voting information,
fun facts and trivia with related resources.
Game History on Baseball Almanac - Everything you ever
wanted to know, including complete stats, attendance records,
M.V.P. Award winners, who sang the Star Spangled Banner at each
game, and more - from 1933 to the present.