When: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 Where: Coors Field, Denver TV channel: on FOX at 8PM ET.
UPDATE: Sports and politics meet as the MLB organization has moved this year's All-Star game to Coors Field in Denver following controversy surrounding Georgia's new restrictive voting laws.
Watch for the 2021 All-Star Game to air on Tuesday, July 13, 2021 beginning at 8PM ET on Fox.
Following last year's cancellation due to health concerns the All Star Game was to open to great fanfare in Truist Park in Atlanta.
But with Georgia's passage of repressive voting restrictions within the state, the MLB joined Delta and Coca Cola in voicing opposition to the new law -- with only the MLB acting with its feet.
Denver is now the recipient of the estimated $100 million in tourism generated by the game as Coors Field hosts the All-Star for the first time since 1998.
The MLB's move out of the original host city means that Atlanta not only loses revenue generated by this year's All Star Game but by the MLB Draft, as well. The 2021 Draft had been rescheduled this year from the usual month of June to coincide with All-Star Week from July 11-13.
Coors Field in Denver becomes the new home of the 2021 MLB All-Star Game in July.
All about the All-Star Game
the Mid-Summer Classic -- as the best players from American League and National League baseball face off to do battle
Who selects the All Star team? Online voting among players AND fans begins just before
mid-season. This year, expect AL and NL All-Star teams to be announced in early July.
That's when top picks from both leagues are chosen at mlb.com -- in a mania of voting to decide whose favorites do battle on a level playing field of baseball greats.
2021 Baseball All-Star Game roster
DID YOU KNOW? Baseball All-Star Game fun facts
Yankee legend Babe Ruth heads into home
after hitting the very first
at the original 1933 game.
• The first All-Star Game was played at Comiskey Park in Chicago in 1933. In that game, Babe Ruth hit the first All-Star home run, leading the American League to victory 4-2.
• The player with the most appearances at an All-Star game is Hank Aaron with 25, followed by Stan Musial and Willie Mays who are both tied with 24 appearances.
• New York has hosted the All-Star game eight times. The Yankees have hosted four times, followed by the New York Giants with two. The Mets and Brooklyn Dodgers have both hosted once.
• The only player ever to win the All-Star game MVP and the World Series MVP in the same season (2000) was Yankee great Derek Jeter.
• The longest All-Star game happened in 2008 at Yankee Stadium, lasting a total of 4 hours, 50 minutes. It went on for 15 innings and ended at 1:38 a.m.
the MLB All-Star Game around the Web:
2021 MLB All-Star Game - Check out the official MLB site offering headline
news, fan voting, ticket information, feature stories and photos,
FOX Sports - Here's the official home of the televised game with
the full schedule, related news, buzz and rumors leading up to
the big night.
League Baseball All Star Game - Get complete background information
from Wikipedia including history, current rules and voting information,
fun facts and trivia with related resources.
Game History on Baseball Almanac - Everything you ever
wanted to know, including complete stats, attendance records,
M.V.P. Award winners, who sang the Star Spangled Banner at each
game, and more - from 1933 to the present.