When: Tuesday, July 19, 2022 Where: Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles TV channel: on FOX beginning at 7:30PM ET.
It's the Mid-Summer Classic -- as the best players from American League and National Leagues baseball face off to do battle
This year, the 93rd edition of the MLB All Star Game will take place on Tuesday, July 19, 2022 at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles.
Televised nationwide on FOX, pre-game hoopla begins at
7:30PM ET on Tuesday, July 19, 2022. ESPN Radio will provide exclusive national radio coverage
while MLB.com will provide extensive online coverage.
Who selects the All Star team? Online voting among players AND fans begins just before
mid-season. This year, AL and NL All-Star teams will be announced in late June.
2022 marks the fourth time that the Dodgers have hosted an All-Star Game and the first since 1980.
2022 Baseball All-Star Game roster
DID YOU KNOW? Baseball All-Star Game fun facts
Yankee legend Babe Ruth heads into home
after hitting the very first
at the original 1933 game.
• The first All-Star Game was played at Comiskey Park in Chicago in 1933. In that game, Babe Ruth hit the first All-Star home run, leading the American League to victory 4-2.
• The player with the most appearances at an All-Star game is Hank Aaron with 25, followed by Stan Musial and Willie Mays who are both tied with 24 appearances.
• New York has hosted the All-Star game eight times. The Yankees have hosted four times, followed by the New York Giants with two. The Mets and Brooklyn Dodgers have both hosted once.
• The only player ever to win the All-Star game MVP and the World Series MVP in the same season (2000) was Yankee great Derek Jeter.
• The longest All-Star game happened in 2008 at Yankee Stadium, lasting a total of 4 hours, 50 minutes. It went on for 15 innings and ended at 1:38 a.m.
the MLB All-Star Game around the Web:
2022 MLB All-Star Game - Check out the official MLB site offering headline
news, fan voting, ticket information, feature stories and photos,
FOX Sports - Here's the official home of the televised game with
the full schedule, related news, buzz and rumors leading up to
the big night.
League Baseball All Star Game - Get complete background information
from Wikipedia including history, current rules and voting information,
fun facts and trivia with related resources.
Game History on Baseball Almanac - Everything you ever
wanted to know, including complete stats, attendance records,
M.V.P. Award winners, who sang the Star Spangled Banner at each
game, and more - from 1933 to the present.