• Rising Stars Challenge
Friday, Feb. 15, 2019 on TNT, 9PM ET
• All Star Saturday Night(3 point shoot out and slam dunk contest)
Saturday, Feb. 16, 2019 on TNT, 8:30PM ET
• NBA All Star Game
Sunday, Feb. 17, 2019 on TNT, 8PM ET
It's time once again for the NBA All Star Game!
Save the date for Sunday, February 17, 2019 when the 68th edition of the NBA All-Star Game takes place at Spectrum Center in Charlotte, North Carolina, home of the Charlotte Hornets.
The game will be televised nationally at 8PM ET by TNT for the 17th consecutive year.
And it's an entire weekend of festivities and entertainment. It begins with the Rising Stars Challenge on Friday, February 154, followed by the ever-popular slam dunk contest during All Star Saturday Night on Saturday, February 16 on TNT at 8:30PM ET.
Of course, that all leads up to the big finale --when the NBA All Star game airs on TNT at 8PM ET on Sunday, February 17, 2019.
Tickets for the NBA All Star Game and the NBA All-Star Weekend are available directly from the NBA website, at Spectrum Center in Charlotte, and at Ticketmaster.
• Chosen as the host in 2018 for the sixth time, Los Angeles became the city that has hosted more NBA All Star Games than any other. LA is followed by New York with five, and Boston with four.
• The youngest NBA all-star was 19-year-old starter Kobe Bryant in 1998.
• 21-year-old Lebron James became the youngest player to be named All-Star game MVP in 2006.
• The oldest NBA all-star player was Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in 1989. He was 41.
• The record holder for most MVP Awards ever goes to Kobe Bryant with four (2002, 2007, 2009, 2011).
• The most attended NBA All-Star Game was held at Cowboys Stadium in 2010 before a whopping 108,713 spectators.
• The game has been canceled only once, in 1999, when a lockout led to a shortened season that also eliminated the All-Star Game.
• The NBA All Star game has been relocated only once, in 2017, when the game moved to New Orleans LA from Charlotte NC to protest North Carolina's controversial HB2 law. The legislation banned NC city governments from passing ordinances that protect members of the LGBT community from discrimination. (The law was later modified so that Charlotte would be eligible to host the NBA All Star Game in 2019.)
More about the NBA All Star Game around the Web:
Around the Web, check out more information about this year's big
extravaganza including past scores and winners, individual and team records, and a bit of history and trivia about the annual NBA All Star Game...
2019 All Star Game - Keep up to date with schedules, ticket information and prices, slam dunk videos, and other highlights as All Star Weekend draws near.
2019 NBA All-Star Game - Complete Wikipedia overview with this year's roster, All Star Game history, trivia, scores, stats and winners dating back to 1951.
NBA All Star Stats & History - Love sports stats? Check out dates, locations, final scores, MVPs, and more at every NBA All Star Games dating back to 1951.