Traveling through Ireland, the landscape changes quickly - from the bustling capital city in Dublin to the wild and scenic beaches of Galway
The scenery, friendly faces and hearty food are some of the favorite memories you'll bring back from your visit to Ireland. (In fact, these three usually rate at the very top of the most popular Ireland tourist attractions.)
Take a tour of Irish cities, shore lands and country vistas with our mini-tour of the Erin Isle - with special focus on the West coast.
Here, the rocky moonscape of inland Connemara leads down to an equally wild coastal shore.
Further inland, the Ring
of Kerry beckons with unforgettable views of Ireland's picture perfect lakes and mountains.
Below, check out our Web guide to all of Ireland featuring picture galleries,
virtual tours, detailed tourist info, facts and more about Ireland travel from top sites with expert advice on touring the Erin Isle ...
• Ireland's oldest pub is Sean's Bar in Athlone. It was founded some 900 years ago.
• A suburb of Dublin, Dalkey is known as Ireland's "Beverly Hills". It is home to a number of Irish celebrities such as U2 members Bono and The Edge, Enya, Chris de Burgh, and Van Morrison.
• Found in a bog, the 2000 year old mummified Old Croghan man is on display at the National Museum of Ireland in Dublin.
• The national symbol of Ireland is the Irish harp. Today, the Erin Isle is the world's only country with a musical instrument for a national symbol.
• Say that five times fast. One of the longest place name in Ireland is Muckanaghederdauhaulia, in County Galway meaning "ridge, shaped like a pig's back, between two expanses of briny water". It is pronounced mook-ana-adder-da-hawlia.
More about Ireland tourist attractions around the Web:
Ireland Tourist Board - The official site offering the hard sell on vacation packages, B & B's, hotels and more, but with lots of additional facts and information including maps by region,
itinerary planner, virtual Ireland in pictures, related links.
Ireland Travel | Lonely Planet World Guide - The expert guide with the telling quote: "There are fifty shades of green, and none of them are jaded" with inside info on top Ireland tourist attractions, when to go and how to get there.
Northern Island Tourist Board - The land of the Giant's Causeway, C.S. Lewis and lots of pubs! Including a travel planner, maps and guide, major tourist sites, hotels & restaurants, off
the beaten track adventures, pictures, event schedule, hotel booking,