The honeymoon is over and the first anniversary is right around the corner...It's time to celebrate a whole year of marriage!
Many experts say the first year is the hardest one to get through -- with all of the adjustments that being married means to each of you. You've been through an entire cycle of seasons with holidays and family celebrations... and the two of you have managed to work out all of the problems!
On the first anniversary, bring
out the wedding photo album and watch your wedding video, serve a piece of the wedding cake you've saved in the freezer, or invite friends and family to help mark the success of your young, tender marriage.
Reward yourselves with a huge bash... or a quiet, romantic trip or dinner.
First anniversary gift ideas
Whether you're the happy couple, or the friends and family celebrating with them, the first anniversary traditionally calls for PAPER gifts.
Along with lovely note paper sets or bouquets of paper flowers, think outside the box and consider tickets to a movie or play, a framed print from a professional artist ...or how about a couple of lottery tickets to wish them luck?
Since this marks the first year of marriage, the modern gift tradition for the first anniversary are clocks and timekeepers -- which can range from decorative crystal or mantel clocks, to modern digital clocks or sundials for the couple's first garden.
Romantic & fun first anniversary gift ideas couples can give each other
• Since paper is the traditional gift for the first anniversary, a fun idea is to get something special and hide it in a box filled with crumpled paper (with the surprise gift waiting at the bottom.)
• Frame a wedding photo and illustrate it with the lyrics to your special wedding song.
• Present a world map to help plot out all the places you plan to travel in the future (plane tickets wouldn't hurt either -- even if it's for an inexpensive weekend getaway.)
• Gift wrap a jigsaw puzzle with a love note stating "We're the perfect fit."
• Print out your selfies, honeymoon photos, and group shots with friends or family from the past year and present them in a 1st anniversary scrapbook for a very memorable keepsake.
More 1st wedding anniversary ideas around the Web: