1. For the sauce, combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and stir over a low heat until it boils and then thickens.
2. Cut the chicken breast fillets into 3-4 pieces. Lay flat and pound slightly with a mallet or other heavy object.
3. Place cornstarch in a bowl and slowly add the water.
4. Then add the slightly beaten egg yolks. Next add salt and pepper to your liking.
5. Dip the chicken pieces into this batter and ensure you drain well.
6. Place a couple pieces of the battered chicken at a time, into deep hot oil and fry until lightly browned.
7. Drain on absorbent paper.
8. Slice chicken further if required.
9. Arrange on plates of freshly cooked white rice. Sprinkle with shallots and spoon over hot lemon sauce.