This year, the major pros in golf square off at the summer thriller - the PGA Championship
playing from August 7 - August 13, 2017 at the Quail Hallow Club in Charlotte, North Carolina.
PGA Championship 2017 TV schedule
Major US television coverage this year encompasses more than 20 hours of air time, including the final two rounds of the PGA Championship on CBS Sports, with additional coverage and daily highlights televised on cable channel TNT.
all times ET
THURSDAY, August 10 Round One
1:00 PM - 7:00 PM
FRIDAY, August 11 Round Two
1:00 PM - 7:00 PM
SATURDAY, August 12
Round Three TNT
11:00 AM - 2:00 PM CBS
2:00 PM - 7:00 PM
SUNDAY, August 13 Final Round
11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
2:00 PM - 7:00 PM
This year marks the 99th edition of the PGA Championship, as
thousands of golf fans line up for the hottest ticket in professional golf. That includes the deepest international field of players -- including Vijay Singh, Phil Mickelson, Padraig Harrington, Rory McIlroy and and defending 2016 champ Jimmy Walker -- competing for the coveted Wanamaker Trophy with a total purse of $10 million.
PGA Championship tickets went on sale to the general public in October 2016 with ticket prices ranging from $25 for a Monday practice round ticket to $550 for a week-long ticket package.
DID YOU KNOW? PGA Championship fun facts
Lost and found: The Wanamaker Trophy
• The PGA Championship trophy, one of the largest in golf, is named after department store magnate Rodman Wanamaker, himself a keen golfer and in part responsible for founding the PGA.
• The silver Wanamaker Trophy measures 28 inches high and 27 inches across at its widest point. It weighs 27 pounds.
• The Wanamaker Trophy was famously lost in 1927 when, as the story goes, that year's winner, Walter Hagen, asked a taxi driver to take it to his hotel. It never arrived. The trophy was later found in an unmarked box in a cellar of the L.A. Young & Company - makers of Walter Hagen-brand golf clubs - in Detroit.
• Today, a replica of the Wanamaker Trophy is given to each year's winner and the original is kept at the PGA Historical Center in Port Lucie, Florida.
• The purse for the first PGA Championship back in 1916 was $2,580, with $500 going to the winner. The winner’s share hit $100,000 for the first time in 1983 and $1 million for the first time in 2003.
• American-born players have won 77 PGA Championships. South Africa and Australia are next with four each, followed by Scotland, England and Fiji with two each.
• In the modern era, Jack Nicklaus holds the most PGA Championship titles with five followed by Tiger Woods with four.
More about the PGA Championship around the Web:
on the Web, check out top sites reporting on all the action with
player profiles, interviews, video clips, picture galleries and
the latest headlines as the annual PGA Championship draws
2017 PGA Championship
- The next best thing to being there with details on
the golf course along with ticket information and online ordering, scores, player profiles
and video clips, history and trivia, online
PGA Championship - Wikipedia - Deep background on the tournament with historical highlights and trivia, records, notable winners, dates and venues of future PGA Championships, related references and resources.
SPORT | Golf - Watch for classic coverage of this year's
championship with the Beeb's usual top-notch video and audio reports,
live updates, news features, schedule, standings, and player profiles.