When: Thursday, August 18 to Sunday August 28, 2022
Directions to Fairgrounds: Located near Louisville International Airport between I-65 and I-264 (937 Phillips Lane) in Louisville. Follow signs reading "Fair/Expo Center" on both interstates leading to the main gate.
This year, watch for the 113th annual Kentucky State Fair to kick off on Thursday, August 18 and continue until Sunday, August 28, 2022 ... celebrating everything Kentucky!
First organized in 1816, the fair didn't become an official one until 1902 and, after traveling from city to city for several years, settled in Louisville where today the fair has found a permanent home at the mammoth 520-acre Kentucky Exposition Center.
As in past years, the fair's huge popularity is expected to draw some 600,000 visitors during its traditional two-week run in August.
The Kentucky State Fair features spectacular roller coaster rides and other amusement park attractions, along with lots of fried foods and regional specialties.
Sure, Kentucky is most famous for fried chicken, Kentucky bourbon, bluegrass music, and baseball bats. But don't miss the opportunity to take in one of the fair's major attractions - the World Championship Horse Show - where 2,000 elite saddlebreds from across the state and around the world compete for millions of dollars in prizes.
2022 Kentucky State Fair concert lineup
The Oak Ridge Boys headline
at the Kentucky State Fair in 2022.
Music entertainment is another major draw high on the list of attractions at the Kentucky State Fair, with concerts given by major country stars in the past including Rascal Flatts, Sugarland, Keith Urban, the Oak Ridge Boys, and Taylor Swift.
August 18-28 gates will open at 2:30 p.m and concerts will begin at 4 p.m each day.
Aug. 18 Russel Dickerson
Aug. 19 Con Funk Shun
Aug. 20 Black Stone Cherry
Aug. 21 Oak Ridge Boys
Aug. 22 We the Kingdom
Aug. 23 Happy Together Tour
Aug. 24 John Michael Montgomery and Walker Montgomery
Aug. 25 Night Ranger
Aug. 26 Trace Adkins
Aug. 27 Niko Moon
DID YOU KNOW? Kentucky State Fair fun facts
• Freddy Farm Bureau is a familiar face who has greeted visitors with his familiar "Howdy!" for over 60 years. At 13 feet long, Freddy remains a landmark for gatherings of fair goers who can often be heard saying, "Let's meet near Freddy!" Today, Freddy even has his own Facebook page.
Freddy says "Howdy!"
• Rain? No problem. Kentucky State Fair ranks No. 1 as the nation’s largest indoor fair, with 1.2 million square feet of exhibit space featuring shows, exhibits and attractions.
• Dieters beware: One of the top sellers available at the Sivori kiosks is the 800-calorie Donut Burger.
• Each year during the fair's two week run, dozens of artists play more than 600 hours of music in entertainment tents, Cardinal Stadium and Freedom Hall.
• If you're browsing the concert schedule, you'll probably meet up with The Oakridge Boys who have appeared in the Kentucky State Fair concert lineup every year for the past four decades.