1. Remove excess liquid from grated potatoes and onion by straining through a colander.
3. Put potatoes and onion in a large bowl and add eggs, flour, salt & pepper. Mix well until a smooth batter forms.
4. Heat 1/2 cup oil in 10-inch skillet. Lower flame and place tablespoons of batter at a time into hot oil and fry on both sides until golden brown.
5. Remove from pan and place on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
6. Continue with remaining batter until used up, adding more oil when necessary.