WHERE : Arizona State Fairgrounds 1826 W. McDowell Road, Phoenix
Welcome to the one of the 5 largest state fairs in the USA - which easily attracts over 1 million visitors each year!
So get ready for an annual rodeo performances, carnival rides, deep fried Oreos, and other family fun as the Arizona State Fair opens all month long this fall, scheduled from Friday, September 22 to Sunday, October 29, 2023.
2023 Arizona State Fair concert lineup
The Arizona State Fair has had no major concert lineup for the past three years due to health and safety concerns,but this year watch for a complete 2023 headline entertainment lineup with concerts usually included free with each ticket purchase.
Just up ahead, check out the complete lineup for the 2023 weekend Colisum Concert Series:
Walker Hayes, Becky G., Ne-Yo, and Carly
Perace headline at the
2023 Arizona State Fair.
Walker Hayes - Friday, October. 13, at 7 p.m. Becky G - Saturday, October 14, at 7 p.m. Ne-Yo - Friday, October 20, at 7 p.m. Brothers Osborne - Saturday, October 21, at 7 p.m. Violent Femmes - Friday, October 27, at 7 p.m. Carly Pearce - Saturday, October 28, at 7 p.m.
All about the Arizona State Fair
Like most of the more famous state fairs, the Arizona State Fair began under humble circumstances.
Even before it was a state (Arizona entered the union in 1912), a group of families got together to organize the Arizona Territory Fair in 1884. Since then - save for natural disasters, crop failures and a couple of world wars - the fair has been in almost continuous operation.
Today, the fair's permanent home is at the Arizona State Fairgrounds in Phoenix where each October the fair kicks off with an exciting variety of entertainment :
Figuring prominently are 75 different amusement park rides, more than a 100 food booths, and an array of agricultural exhibitions including everything from pig races to horse festivals.
Family fun, farm animals, ferris wheels. and deep fried everything -- only at the Fair.
DID YOU KNOW?
Arizona State Fair fun facts
Marilyn Monroe grandstanding at the fair.
• In 1955, the Grandstand Arena had a co-starrring role with Marilyn Monroe in scenes from the film "Bus Stop".
• The Arizona State Fair has seen a rollercoaster ride of ups and downs over the years, including cancellation of the fair in 1918 due to the flu pandemic, closing down in the 1930's during the Great Depression, and a hiatus for several years during both World War I and II.
• In 1985, the Arizona State Fair was well on its way to becoming one of the top state fairs in the nation when it hit its record attendance of over one million people.
• In 2006, the Arizona State Fair enjoyed a record high of 1,303,690 visitors thanks mainly to a concert lineup that included the Steve Miller Band, Foo Fighters, and Gretchen Wilson.
• The Party Gras, originally the Gem and Mineral Building, was built in 1918 to showcase minerals from Arizona's mining industry. Today it stands as the oldest building at the fairgrounds.