More UK attractions? Don't forget to include stops at the world's most famous colleges at Oxford and Cambridge; the impossibly beautiful countryside of the Cotswolds and the Lake District; and a mix of history and breathtaking Gothic architecture in the cathedral town of Durham.
(Left to right): The excitement of London, the idyllic country vistas in the Cotswolds, and the
epic beauty of the Lake District are definite must-sees on any trip to England.
DID YOU KNOW? UK Travel Fun Facts
Most eye candy: York Minster
• Originally constructed in 1070, Windsor Castle is the oldest and largest occupied royal residence in the world.
• Besides being the UK's largest medieval cathedral, York Minster also boasts the largest expanse of stained glass in the world.
• English people consume more tea per capita than anybody else in the world (2 1/2 times more than the Japanese and 22 times more than the Americans or the French).
• There are 409 escalators throughout the London Tube system. Angel Tube Station escalators have a vertical rise of 27 metres (89 feet) and a length of 60 metres (200 feet), making them the longest escalators on the Underground.
• The London Eye is the tallest ferris wheel in Europe.