Top tourist attractions throughout Utah include sightseeing at Zion National Park (left); fishing and
boating on Lake Powell (middle); and winter fun at Park City and other major Utah ski resorts (right).
Other great attractions in Utah's great outdoors include the spectacular rock formations at Arches National Park and more stunning vistas and summer fun at Lake Powell, one of the largest man-made lakes in the US formed by nearby Glen Canyon Dam.
Besides ski resorts, another popular Utah winter destination attracts indie filmmakers each January at the
annual Sundance Film Festival held in Park
2023 Utah Events & Festivals
Provo pulls out all the stops for the 4th of July with a
big parade, a balloon fest, a famed fireworks display,
and performances by A-list country stars
Check out our 2023 Utah travel calender featuring memorable events and major festivals happening throughout the state with dates, locations and official links for more information.
• Utah is home to five national parks: Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce, Capitol Reef and the most visited - Zion National Park.
• Kanab, Utah is known as Little Hollywood because of the large number of motion pictures and TV shows that are filmed in the area. Big-screen entertainent includes The Lone Ranger, Planet of the Apes, Stagecoach, Pony Express, and The Outlaw Josey Wales. TV series including Gunsmoke, Have Gun Will Travel, and How the West Was Won were also filmed there.
• State Route 12 is designated an “All-American Road” spanning 122 miles, connecting Capitol Reef National Park and Bryce Canyon National Park. The scenic byway crosses some of the most magnificent scenery on the Colorado Plateau ranging from red-rock desert to lush mountain forests.
• The Great Salt Lake — which lies just west of Salt Lake City — is saltier than the ocean. The reason is because it has no outlet; salt minerals are deposited by tributary rivers, and when the water evaporates it leaves the salt behind.
• According to legend, the town of Levan is "navel" spelled backwards and so named because it is in the middle of Utah.
More about Utah tourist attractions around the Web:
Utah Travel & Tourism -
The official Utah tourism site offering a very cool Flash presentation explaining
Utah's top tourist spots plus facts & information on skiing & snowboarding
adventures, whitewater rafting, national parks & campgrounds throughout the
Go-Utah.com - One-stop browsing in a directory of links to more than a hundred Utah cities
& towns with more on scenic drives, ski resorts, sports activities, lodging
& dining, maps & photos..
Utah - Major guide to resorts near Salt Lake City, Odgen & Provo with
details on lodging, gear rental, entertainment, events, snow & weather reports,
nearby attractions, maps & pictures.