Music makes an event so much more meaningful to the bride and groom, their parents, and guests.
From the wedding ceremony to the gala reception, choosing the right wedding music can mean the difference between an affair that everyone raves about — or one that everyone, including you, would prefer to forget.
As anyone who has been to a wedding can tell you, music played too loud during the formal dinner can be nothing short of irritating, while the wrong mix of music might discourage many guests from taking to the dance floor afterward!
Of course, for the main event, you want the music you dance to for the very first time as a married couple to be nothing short of memorable.
Having trouble deciding? Take your cue from these lists of very popular wedding songs:
• POPULAR WEDDING MARCHES
1. Bridal Chorus (Here Comes The Bride)
2. The Wedding March - Mendelssohn
3. Trumpet Voluntary – Clarke
4. Finale (from Water Music) - Handel
5. Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring - Bach
6. Canon in D Major - Pachelbel
7. Rondeau - Mouret
8. Ode to Joy - Beethoven
9. Spring, from The Four Seasons, Vivaldi
10. March from Aida, Verdi
• POPULAR FIRST SONGS
1. The Power of Love Celine Dion
2. The Way You Look Tonight Tony Bennett
3. When I Fall in Love Nat King Cole
4. Can You Feel the Love Tonight? Elton John
5. The Rose Bette Midler
6. At Last Etta James
7. Come Away With Me Norah Jones
8. Everything Michael Buble
9. It's Your Love Tim McGraw with Faith Hill
10. I Do (Cherish You) 98 Degrees
• POPULAR FATHER-DAUGHTER SONGS
1. Because You Loved Me Celin Dion
2. A Whole New World Peabo Bryson
3. Butterfly Kisses Bob Carlisle
4. I Loved Her First Heartland
5. Through The Years Kenny Rogers
6. The Way You Look Tonight Frank Sinatra
7. Unforgettable Natalie & Nat King Cole
8. Lullaby (Goodnight My Angel) Billy Joel
9. My Father's Eyes Amy Grant
10. My Girl Temptations
• POPULAR MOTHER-SON SONGS
1. I Hope You Dance Lee Ann Womack
2. Wind Beneath My Wings Bette Midler
3. How Sweet It Is James Taylor
4. Have I Told You Lately Rod Stewart
5. Always on My Mind Willie Nelson
6. My Wish Rascal Flatts
7. Wonderful World Louie Armstrong
8. Memories Elvis Presley
9. Sweet Child Of Mine Sheryl Crow
10. Hero Mariah Carey
Around the Web, get more expert tips, great ideas, and lists about what will make your wedding musical and memorable -- at top sites that focus on helping you create the appropriate soundtrack for your big event....
More about wedding music around the Web:
Wedding Music Central - The main page here is chock full of "buy me now" information, but their guide to wedding music is wonderful. Advice on hiring DJs, music suggestions, and much more.
Complete Guide to Wedding Music - No kidding! Including tons of suggestions for just the right song played during big moments at the weding and reception, and searchable by decade or music genre.